What are the functions of Suction Machine?
Before moving ahead with the working procedure of Suction Machine, first a short note on this machine. It is specifically developed to remove substances such as saliva, blood, and vomit from the person’s airway. Nowadays, Suction units have modified into lightweight yet sturdy design, technologically sophisticated machine.
Let’s have a look at the basics of the modern medical suction machines. A portable suction unit helps to prevent respiratory and simplify breathing. Suction machine supplies consist of bacteria filters, aspirator tubing kits, and collection canisters.
The advanced Medical Suction Machines basically rely on the rechargeable batteries and some of its units utilize alkaline as well as defibrillator batteries. As it is operated with battery, these machines are known for its portability. It is tested on various quality parameters to ensure its functionality and providing effective suction.
The modern and advanced units even consist of a battery maintenance system that notifies the user when the batteries are running low. Not only this, but it also prevents deep discharge by disconnecting the batteries from the vacuum pump and enhances the batteries life.
The functionality of Medical Suction Pumps:
There are huge functions of the medical Suction Pumps and all are known for superior than the last. All surgical and non-surgical ones use medical suction pumps. Without them, the treatment might not be possible and can even have terrible consequences for the patient. These functions are:
• To irrigate the side for sucking and washing out the excess water
• Draining blood from operation sites and allows the surgeon better visibility
• To clean debris from a wound and to drain pus from an abscess
• To suck out Mucus that might be obstructing the airways or other body parts
• To remove blood from the cranium after an intracranial and extradural hemorrhage
• In gynecological processes it allows for the better vision to drain the excess fluid
• In dentistry for draining the blood and irrigation fluid
• To drain fluid from the lungs in those patients with kidney issues or other major diseases
• To drain excessive edematous fluid from the peritoneal cavity in patients from ascites
• As constant intubation to offer drainage from a surgical site where fluid or pus may collect
• Effective in sucking foreign bodies from the ear or nose or from other places
These are the functionality of the Portable Suction Machine that makes it a vital piece of equipment at the medical facilities. Therefore, choosing the right equipment for a better and successful job is essential. You will also take care of the specification of each machine to make sure that it actually matches your requirements.